From the AGM
The Golden Grove CC Annual General Meeting was held on Wednesday 26 July 2017. The members present elected the Club's 2017/18 Committee and approved the fees suggested by the 2016/17 Committee.
|Vice-President||Gavin Lynch (2nd year of 2 year term)|
|Secretary||Graeme Lynch (re-elected as there were no other nominations and on the condition that some of the burden would be removed)|
|General Committee||Craig Jones (also Junior Coordinator)|
|General Committee||Wayne Meakin|
|General Committee||Ian Henderson|
|General Committee||Damien Stamato|
This season, the Brumbies are looking for people to serve on a Junior Committee. The Juniors make up a significant portion of the members; we are looking for parents to help govern the direction of the Junior Club. Please contact Craig Jones via email if you are interested: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|2017/18 Membership Fees|
|Age group||Approved fee||Cost per player||Shortfall|
|Playing Life Member||$245||$460.93||$215.93|
|Casual players||$25 per week|
$15 for subsequent junior members from the same family
$50 for dual registered district players - exclusive of $15 family discount
- The Committee was mindful that junior fees should not prop up the Senior Club, but also had to take into account that a substantial rise in Senior fees was not ideal either. Every effort was made to ensure that the fee structure was equitable for all members.
- The 'Shortfall' shows the minimum funds that must be raised for each player through sponsorship, the bar and other fundraising activities to provide for a year of cricket on top of fees. This does not take into account other Club purchases (such as turf nets, extra training equipment, other unforseen incidental costs).
- The Club has been advised that TTG Council set hite fees have increased this season.
- The Under 12 and Under 14 fees include T20 matches - extra balls, hire fees and pitch preparation fees are required.
- The change to the Under 10 format allows for only 7 players to be on the field at any one time (max. 9 players per team). The cost to run a team compared to last season has remained relatively stable, but there are fewer players to share the cost.